FREELANCERSFIGHTBACK.COM VIDEO SUBMISSION CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR RECEIVE A PRIZE
- ELIGIBILITY: Contest entrants and prize recipients must be legal residents of California aged 18 years or older, except where the laws or regulations of his/her locality require a greater age for entry. Employees, officers, directors, and members of Sponsor, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, and divisions (“Related Entities”) and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings and their spouses) and household members (whether or not related) of each are not eligible to enter. Void outside the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia and where prohibited and restricted by law. The Contest is subject to all applicable international, national, federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations. By entering the Contest, an entrant agrees to abide by the laws and regulations of his/her jurisdiction of residence applicable to his/her participation in the Contest.
- SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Contest is FreelancersFightBack.com, a project of The California Business and Industrial Alliance (CABIA), P.O. Box 4543, Sunland, CA 91040.
- HOW TO ENTER: This Contest begins on September 18, 2020 and ends on September 22, 2020. The Submission Period runs from September 18 through September 22. To enter, you must submit a video to the Freelancers Fight Back Contest, located at https://www.freelancersfightback.com/send-us-your-story/, during the Submission Period and upload a clear video (compliant with all applicable local state and Federal laws, statutes, codes relating to videos and images as well as compliant with the rules herein), fill out the requested information (Name, Email, City, and Video), agree to these rules, and click “Submit.” Photos, videos, and captions must not contain URLs. Limit one entry per person. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s Entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Uses of automated devices are not valid for entry. Entries must be received by the end of the Submission Period. Sponsor is not responsible for computer system, phone line, technical, hardware, software, program or server failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or network connections or any other difficulties, whether human or technical or otherwise in nature. Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are processed late or incorrectly or those that are lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or other error or for those entries that for any reason are not received by Sponsor prior to the stated deadlines. The Contest is limited to personal experiences having to do with freelancing in California relating to the passing of California’s AB-5 law. Videos inconsistent with the programs and policies of Freelancers Fight Back may be deemed ineligible at the Sponsor’s discretion. Any entry will be deemed ineligible if it is incomplete, illegible, does not meet required specifications, is received outside of the Submission Period, or for any other reason at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If your entry is rejected, it will be removed from the Contest website. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entries must include a valid e-mail address for the Entrant.
All video entries must be compliant with all criminal and civil laws regarding consent, underage persons, copyrighted images, inappropriate images, illegal actions (including staged examples of simulated harm), or evidence of obvious neglect or mistreatment.
No video will be accepted with Personal Identifying Information in the image; this includes, but is not limited to ID collars with a phone number, license plates, street addresses, ID cards, or social security numbers visible. Sponsor will not blur out or obscure the images to comply.
Anything contained in the image, other than the individual, that might be grounds for invalidation of the entry should be considered by the contestant before submission. To avoid the chance of your video being excluded, please scrutinize the video for inadvertent inclusion of prohibited images such as copyrighted images, underage persons, strangers in the background who did not give consent to be photographed, or any personally identifiable information like an address or license plate.
- PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): Award of a prize is conditioned upon qualifications contained within these official rules. PRIZE: $500 gift card to the winner, chosen at random will be selected based on the criteria set forth herein.
- DETERMINING THE WINNERS/SCORING SUBMISSIONS/ODDS OF WINNING: Award of a prize is conditioned upon qualifications contained within these official rules. Before October 1, 2020, one winner will be chosen at random. Subject to verification of eligibility, the persons who submitted the winning video will be declared the winner. All selections are final. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
- PRIZE WINNER NOTIFICATION: Following the drawing, the potential prize winner will be notified via email within five (5) days from the date of selection by Sponsor based on the information provided by that person on his or her entry form. Acceptance of any prize constitutes the winner’s certification that he/she meets the eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules. Prize acceptance also constitutes permission to use names, photographs and likeness of the winner and guests for editorial, advertising or promotional purposes without additional notice, approval, consent or compensation, unless prohibited by law in the winner’s locality. If the potential prize winner fails to satisfy any eligibility or verification requirements in these Official Rules, declines to accept the prize, or is ineligible for any other reason, he/she may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. Noncompliance by any potential winner with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for fraudulent communications made to entrants or potential prize winners not by Sponsor. Potential winners are not official winners until eligibility has been formally verified by Sponsor.
- PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: The specifics of all elements of the prize stated herein shall be solely determined by Sponsor. Any portion of the prize not used by any winner is forfeit and no cash substitute will be offered or permitted. The prize being offered is provided “as is” with no warranty or guarantee either express or implied by Sponsor. The prize carries no warranty. Sponsor has neither made nor is responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize, including but not limited to their quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. The prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash and may not be extended, transferred or substituted, except that Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value to a valid recipient, in a close geographic area to the winning contestant when necessary, as determined in its sole discretion. Any such changes will be announced and maintained publicly for a time set by law. The winner assumes sole responsibility for all costs associated with any elements of the prize not explicitly included as part of prize description, including without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes (if any), fees, surcharges, or other expenses. Other restrictions may apply. Any award larger than $600 will be reported to the IRS as MISC income even though the recipient shelter may not have tax liabilities under the code. The sponsor of any contest must still report the award as income.
- DISPUTES: By entering the Contest, entrants agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, or the prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the District of Columbia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other of the District of Columbia. Any legal proceedings arising out of this Contest or relating to these rules shall be instituted only in the federal or other appropriate courts of the District of Columbia, and the parties consent to jurisdiction therein with respect to any legal proceedings or disputes of whatever nature arising under or relating to these rules. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- INDEMNIFICATION: By entering the Contest, Contest entrants and each winner agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook®, Sponsor’s parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates and their related parties, and the respective members, directors, officers, employees, and agents of each from and against all liability, damages, claim, or cause of action, including, but not limited to, injury, death, damage to property, loss of property, or other causes of action however named, arising out of participation in the Contest and/or use or receipt of any prize awarded in the Contest.
Submission of an entry constitutes a complete release of Facebook by each entrant or participant; and acknowledgement that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook.
- GENERAL: By entering this Contest or accepting a prize, entrants and prize winners: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor which are final and binding in all respects; (b) agree to release Sponsor, and each of its officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses, including without limitation property damages, personal injury and/or death arising out of participating in this Contest, or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize and related thereto and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery; and (c) Prize Winners consent to the use of their names, voices, videos, and likenesses for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation unless prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to correct typographic, clerical, or printing errors in any Contest materials. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that, for any reason, more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules is available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes from among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Contest if, at its sole discretion, Sponsor finds such entrant to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, or if such entrant repeatedly shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner the Sponsor determines to be not fair or equitable; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant, Sponsor or Related Entities; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest at its sole discretion.
- Record Retention: For two years after the contest/sweepstakes, the Sponsor will keep: The identity and address of those responsible for developing, creating, and implementing the contest/sweepstakes. Records showing that the winning entry for each major prize was selected at random from all entries or by skill criteria if applicable. A copy of official contest rules, promotional materials, etc. All tax-related documents. Records showing: total number of entries, number of prizes awarded, date prizes were awarded, the prizes awarded (including brand and model), method of computing retail value of the prizes, method of selecting the winner, names and addresses of winners.
- INTERNET: If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned due to an infection by a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, at which time, Sponsor will make similar size and amount of awards to a qualifying entity recipient in a geographical area where the most entries were received rather than through a random drawing. The same amount will go to a qualified shelter in the event the Contest is not capable of running as planned The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person 18 years of age or older who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Uses of automated devices are not valid for entry.
- USE OF INFORMATION: The information that you provide in connection with the Contest may be used by Sponsor to inform you about related opportunities and developments involving charitable or educational topics that the Sponsor thinks may be of interest to you. Sponsor may also share the information you provide in connection with the Contest with its subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, and third parties in order to advance charitable or educational goals.
- OFFICIAL RULES: To request a copy of these Rules, send an email to [email protected] Please specify “Contest Rules” in the subject line of the email. Requests must be received by September 22, 2020.
The Contest is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook ®. You understand that you are providing information to Sponsor, not Facebook®. Please direct your questions, comments, or complaints related to the Contest to Sponsor, not Facebook®.